is for visual kei. In some cases, bands that are not explicitly vkei may be added:
- non-visual bands must play at vkei lives, or appear in vkei omnibuses, or connect to a vkei band, or be part of a vkei label.
- proto-visual bands (seemingly vkei but existed before the term was coined) must connect to a vkei band, or belong to a vkei label, or have played with early vkei bands, or be demonstrabily influential to vkei.
- foreign bands (not based in Japan) must call themselves vkei, and appear somewhat visual, and have had live concerts, and have had paid releases.
- doujin bands must call themselves vkei, and have vkei-esque artwork, and have paid releases.
- parody bands must have official photography, and appear visual, and have paid releases.
In all cases, please use artist tags and descriptions appropriately. Ask us
if you have questions.